In-store display stands are versatile, flexible and typically free-standing points of sale. They draw attention and can be used to direct your customers on their journey through your store.
For example, you can use display stands to highlight promotions, link to online campaigns and messaging and influence purchase decisions.
Retail display stands offer many benefits:
- They are easily adaptable and changeable
- Reconfigure floor space to suit the season, promotion or campaign
- Flexible enough to be tailored in size, number, placement, and branding
- Can be updated according to retail trends and seasons
Retail display stands explained
Before we see some examples of display stands, let’s look at the different types of display stands and why they’re used.
Retail display stands are used to present products, offers or promotions to customers. They communicate your brand, draw attention and are often the first physical point of contact between your customers and your products.
They can work doubly hard for you by communicating consistent messages, tying in with campaigns and enhancing your brand – and they work best when they’re completely tailored for your store.
The different types of display stands include:
- Freestanding displays, or FSDUs, that you can position and reposition
- Countertop displays
- Accessory display stands
- Point of purchase (POP) displays
- Aisle units, that customers can get to from any direction
- Display cases closed in with glass or plastic
- Gondola display units
- Digital displays that use the latest retail technology
Display stand ideas that boost sales
There are many options when it comes to choosing retail display stands for your stores, so we’ve rounded up some ideas and examples that help create attention-grabbing displays and push customers to the point of purchase.
1. Custom-built free-standing displays
Customised free-standing displays, also known as FSDUs, not only help direct customers through your store on their buying journey, but they also add a mark of differentiation.
This Superdry clothing retail display example is a custom-built, wooden stand that ties in with the brand’s look and feel. Free-standing display stands can also be moved easily, allowing you to change up your floor space and focus on certain products and promotions.
2. Eye-catching FSDUs designed to draw attention
3. Display stands with multiple merchandising options
4. Metal racking display stands
Metal freestanding display stands are easily manoeuvrable and offer many practical benefits:
- Product panels are easy to change
- Simple to assemble
- Typically lightweight
- Adjustable shelving options
5. Metal freestanding display stand
6. Point of purchase displays
Point of purchase displays is a type of retail display stand and an effective way to grab customers’ attention.
In this example for Honeywell, the stand is showcasing one type of product for a new promotion. This type of display can be reconfigured to your store’s needs.
7. Wire retail display stands
8. Optical retail display stands
9. Mid-aisle units
10. Display cases
Display cases can either be installed or free-standing, but both versions have the aim of showcasing products to their best.
Especially useful for fragile or expensive items, with free-standing display cases, products can typically be viewed from every angle. And if they’re on wheels, as in this example, display cases offer true versatility.
11. Gondola shelving display units
12. Using digital screens aisles
Digital displays link the online world with the in-store experience. Using them in a display stand provides a point of differentiation, allowing you to advertise products in real-time and change the display whenever you like.
Digital displays can also be used to highlight customer reviews of core products, engage your customers and provide information that helps free up your shop-floor employees.
13. Digital POP displays
As well as having digital display stands throughout your store, you can also have digital POP displays at checkout counters. Stats show they make a difference to customer spending:
- 51% of customers say ads shown at checkout would make them more likely to buy
- 56% would be more likely to engage with a brand after seeing an ad at checkout
- 62% would be more likely to look for the product during their next store visit
14. Countertop retail display stands
Countertop display stands aren’t limited to checkout. As in this example by Samsung at Selfridges, countertops stands can be used to great effect throughout a retail store.
The clean lines, white space and placement at hand height combine to invite customers to interact with products.
15. Store window display stands
Shop window displays generate fierce competition. And rightly so, as stores vie for consumers’ attention and differentiation.
A great store window display is eye-catching, draws customers in-store and showcases core items or promotions. They’re a visual point of contact, tying into marketing campaigns and exhibiting the strengths of your brand.
This display from Fendi incorporates retail shelving with mannequins to effectively showcase a range of products.
16. Immersive retail display stands
The Coca-Cola pop-up store is a treat for the senses. This retail display stand celebrates the brand’s history. You’re immersed as soon as you walk through the door.
There’s merchandise galore, vintage throwbacks and a bar with Coke-themed drinks. The fitting room doors look like old-school Coke coolers and you’re bombarded with Coke slogans. It’s a lesson in immersive retail, and display stands play a big part in this, attracting dedicated fans and curious consumers alike.
17. Switchable end bays
18. Pegboard retail display shelves
Pegboards are a great way of maximising your display space and keeping everything looking organised and within the correct capacity.
Retail display stands, like this Crayola example, provide a visual break and means customers can find what they need more easily. It’s also easy to cross-merchandise this type of display stand.
Enhance Your Display Stands With KSF Global
To find out how we can help you make a roaring success of your retail stores with effective display stands, get in touch today.